Saturday, December 28, 2013

Another new gateway.

I know that a lot of people know about all this organic business and small farming etc. but after trying it in my twenties then fleeing to the city and turning my back on Mother Earth News, I have rediscovered how much fun this all is. We are now planning on growing mushrooms indoors which is a little more complicated than inoculating logs. We are having so much fun learning and experimenting. I am totally looking forward to our trip in February to Jekyl Island for the Georgia Organics Conference. We are also looking at a few other things to do in our small forest farm. Now is a great time to plan and research since the weather is cold and rainy - cold for Georgia anyway. I still miss the road, and find myself day dreaming about Florida, or Arizona, or Nevada, or Texas.... But having Christmas here at the house this year was terrific. And making our house a home again feels right. Stay tuned for more on mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment