Friday, November 14, 2014

Georgia November

November here in Georgia has been gorgeous.  The trees have graced our yard with their beauty for longer this year than any I remember. The temps, until today,  have been perfect.  I get spoiled and am truly surprised when the weather has the audacity to bring a chill of 30 degrees.  So now reality sets in and I feel winter on its way.  Not a fan of winter, I will have to stock up on long sleeve shirts, thick trousers and replace the boots my dog Belle chewed up last night.  However, once prepared I can brave the cold and enjoy my beautifully wild yard.


This is the barn we are transforming into a grow room. 

View from the deck


We've been to Mulberry St. Farmers' Market on Tatnall Square in Macon.  The produce, meat and goat cheese vendors are remarkable.  I feel honored to be a part of this market.  This past Wednesday we sold out of Shiitake in an hour.  I actually had a line waiting to buy.  Another first for Shiitake Village.  I love the people involved in the market including the customers.  It's really the only way to shop.  It's so much more fun than the grocery store.

This was our first time at Tatnall.  We still didn't have a tent, so sold out of the truck. That's me setting up.

View across the Square.


No comments:

Post a Comment