Friday, July 1, 2011

Musing

The other day sitting outside on the chaise lounge, I decided to listen.  I heard doves cooing, crows cawing, birds singing merry little tunes, roosters crowing.  Peaceful and satisfying.  Settling in to enjoy, a distant bellow came wafting into my consciousness.  I strained to identify the sound only to hear a louder version.  I envisioned a huge monstrous being crashing through the woods, teeth gnashing, slobber gushing from its mouth.  Expecting it to appear any moment, I dipped my toe into reality for anchorage and listened again.  A huge bellow resounded through the trees, aha, reality serving me well I identified the sound as a bull from a nearby field. 

As the day passed, I traveled with my husband to town to register our vehicles.  Silly me I expected to get this chore done in one day.  However, the clerk at the tax assessor's office, patiently but mechanically informed us of the paper work, and certificates we were going to need.  I have to admit I allowed a dark cloud to appear over my head as we exited the building.  My husband was unscathed.  He calmed me down and reminded me of the real monsters of this world that attacked the twin towers in New York City on 9/11.  Because of the scars left from the evil of that day, the licensing agencies in the USA have insisted on real and substantial proof of citizenship.  Yes, it will take more days to complete our mission to become Texans, but I know that the teeth gnashing monsters from the east, will be deterred.  God Bless The USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment