Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Through the gate and to the next gateway.

Last night found me participating in a  writers' get together held at Jerry's Restaurant in Onalaska, TX.   I met the most amazing people with a passion for writing.  We all brought something we wrote, and someone in the group read each piece aloud.  When someone saw something that needed correcting, they would speak out and make suggestions.  They spoke out every other sentence on my story, but the suggestions were valid and thought provoking.  I learned more from this group in one night than I did taking 2 years of writing classes and joining a writer's group in McDonough.  I am excited about what I learned and can't wait to make the major changes on my story.  One woman there was a total ninja editor and helped me with my grammar and punctuation.  Unfortunately, I'm not using the suggestions on this blog but as I learn from others the writing will come.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment