Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gentility is not Dead

We visited Fayetteville, Texas this weekend.  Our friend arranged for us to stay at his inlaws Bed and Breakfast country home.  Although Kendall and Sherman had only met us once before, their graciousness made our stay most enjoyable.  Not only were we comfortable but we were made to feel that our company was desirable.   Two well fed and well behaved Schnauzers greeted us as well.  Including our dogs,  Phoebe and Millie, who were welcomed into the house, we had four dogs sharing the country chic home and expansive, beautiful yard with us.
Saturday the Lick Skillet fair was held on the town square.  No one could come up with an explanation for the name except it was an excuse for a good time.  That night we listened to a great band and watched people dance the waltz and two-step.  I even got asked to dance one dance.  My partner tried hard to teach me how to dance to country music. I think I'll need many more lessons especially after I stepped on his toes several times.
To top it off  several quaint restaurants in out of the way places offered  good eatin'.  Good food, good company, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment