Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rainbow Drive

A sweet little enclave of like minded spirits, our campers and RVs huddle together.  What brought each of us here presents as many stories as there are people.  Setting up the camper is down to a science now, giving me plenty of time to allow my eyes to roam while going about the business of hooking up. As I stood gazing about to check out the neighbors, I saw a shadow flitting across the window of the 5th wheel next door. I stared at the movement to see if the neighbor was checking me out, and indeed he was.  I couldn't hear what was emitting from its open mouth but as my eyes adjusted it appeared I was staring at a monkey.  But wait, not one but two monkeys.  Now a lot of people think monkeys are cute and all but the creep-o-meter I mentioned last post was showing an  8 or 9.  Never understanding what people saw in the little creatures, I shivered and ran to Vic telling him of our misfortune.  He only shrugged  as if it were an everyday occurrence.  My precious little neighbor, Nancy, from in back of us was standing nearby and tried to console me in my time of incredulous shock.  She brought me pictures of her introduction to  the monkeys and assured me the owner was very careful and never let them out of the trailer unless on a leash.  I have yet to meet the owner, but what a story he must have, huh? 

1 comment:

  1. Fear not my long lost cousin, you have followers you may not realize. Your prose and adventures are a pleasure to read and follow.Your words are not lost to internet cyberspace, as I will be looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete