Sunday, October 2, 2011

Talking to Myself

When I write these blogs, it's like talking to myself.  These words float around in cyberspace like so much space junk forgotten and neglected.  There is one redeeming quality to writing this blog.  One person reads it, my mom.  Like an astronomer carefully monitoring a newly discovered star, mom reads every entry and mentally takes note of my brilliance as only a mom can.  I've had the extreme pleasure of spending time with mom these last two weeks here in Bath, Ohio.  She is a spry 84 years old carrying on with courage and faith after dad's death last December.  Her faith, an inspiration and example makes me proud to be her daughter. 
Autumn has clearly arrived here in Bath, the trees greeting the season waving leafy banners in bright colors.  The chill in the air energizes the senses and even slogging through all the rain we've had raises gratitude in my heart for the time I've spent here.  Returning to Texas in a couple of days, I'll transition back to summer again, where rain and chilly air are a distant memory for its residents.  As a southern girl I'll welcome the shirt-sleeve weather but look forward to returning to Bath in the near future for a true winter experience.  Thanks mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment