Thursday, February 16, 2012

Laugh Out Loud

When I am alone in the camper trailer there are few instances when I actually laugh out loud, however this morning I found myself hysterically funny and had a good belly laugh. In the past when I would drag myself home from teaching all day physically and emotionally exhausted, I would fantasize about being in the middle of nowhere in a small dwelling with nothing to do.  This morning I caught myself complaining in my head about being in the middle of nowhere in this little RV with nothing to do. I remembered my fantasy and thus the giggle.
I have to admit that God has given me what I wanted. He seems to want my happiness and thus grants my small requests. But I worry about how God will use me. I attach circumstance, people or places to my worries of whether God will use me or not. So I worry when I think I may not be where I'm supposed to be. Worry, worry, worry.  Well here is what I read in Phillip Yancey's daily readings from Grace Notes this morning. "Wealth, poverty, comfort, suffering, acceptance, rejection, even death or life---none of these circumstances matter much to Paul.  Only one thing matters ultimately: the surpassing goal of exalting Christ, a goal that can be accomplished in any set of circumstances."  I am comforted and overjoyed. All I have to do is allow God to direct my life and trust He knows what to do with me. My job is to exault Christ no matter what.  Big smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment