Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Silence is Golden but for How Long?

This long winter's nap is coming to an end. So once I again I am tapping the keys.  Living and traveling in an RV has been quite challenging. We found out that it is very expensive, more so than we planned  for, to retire and see the world.  We looked into the "work camper"  life and found that basically most work camp jobs are only for free lot fees and electricity or minimum wage which does not cover expenses when you still have a mortgage to pay.  We have been lucky so far to keep our heads above water, but to continue to do so Vic has gone back to work full time as a truck driver.  We have landed in Terrell, Texas which is 35 miles east of Dallas. 
Here at Blue Bonnet Ridge RV Park, I am enjoying warmer temperatures than encountered in Ohio and Kentucky in November, December and January.  This is a great little community and I feel safe and secure here.  The grounds are immaculate and the management is A number 1 in my book.  They have already helped me tremendously.  As soon as I get organized with banking, bills and the mundane, I may try to find a job as well.  When I retired it was only from the teaching field not from the working world.  However I have the luxury of taking my time to find out what Terrell and the surrounding area has to offer.
The park is 5 miles outside of Terrell in a rural area surrounded by ranch land.  Terrell itself appears low income and run down. However it has character and  offers enough retail to be comfortable.  Vic is driving for Texas Star Express located 25 miles from here in Rockwall Texas which is an awesome area located on Lake Ray Hubbard. I'm sure I'll be visiting Rockwall often.  Here's to my return blogging and hopefully many more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment