Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gates Open for Round Top

My horizons expanded today.  I know I raved about the town I'm in, LaGrange, but had no idea that I was so close to the International Festival-Institute of Round Top, a small town population 90.  Students of music come from all over the world attend six week seminars to learn and play with accomplished musicians and conductors.  Every Saturday they have a concert - all classical music.  The Hall, as they call it is an architectural wonder.  When I stepped inside my breath was taken away.  I have never in my life seen anything more beautiful.  Every inch from floor to ceiling is covered in rich, deep colors of  expertly carved wood in designs that absolutely fascinate the eye. The ceiling seems to go on forever and it is said the acoustics are perfect.  This is one place I will revisit to give it a fitting appreciation.  The Hall is just one of many architectural designs on the campus of 200 hundred acres.  The architecture is inspired by Moravian and Czechoslovakian influences in the area. A very old world look.  If anyone can get to this area, your heart and soul would be greatly enriched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment