Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sitting Still in the Gateway

What do you do in 103 degree heat?  Sit in the shade.  That's what the dogs and I have been doing today.  Sometimes it feels good to just sit still and feel the breeze push the heat over my face and through my hair and see the sway in the trees like feather dusters sweeping the sky.  Most of the time I'm in the air conditioned camper.  Well you really do have to be realistic in 103 degree heat.

My thoughts turn to Dad since tomorrow is Father's Day.  I miss him desperately.  Many days like today I just want him back so I can see his smile, laugh at his jokes and wonder at his latest project.   I learned the basics of taking care of a car from him.  I can change all the fluids, jump a car,  tighten a belt or change the oil.  I respected his steadfastness, spirituality, kindness, gentleness and patience.  But when he flared his nostrels I immediately did what he asked. Because he was a man of God, I'm assured that he is in a much better place.  So Dad, on this Father's Day I send you my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment