Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Gateway of Rebuilding

This morning I am enjoying the freedom of rediscovery and reinvention of  mind and soul.  How easy it is for me to lose sight.  I have always lived within boxes.  The box of earning a living, the box of being a partner, the box of motherhood, the box of spirituality  all separate and apart.   The tasks of each box required completion before I could go on to another.  Overwhelmed describes the feeling because I never could really finish the tasks of one box to move on.  Obviously multitasking, not a strong point.  Simplifying, downsizing and retiring from teaching has given me the chance to throw away all the boxes and to look at my foundation.  Crumbled as it is,  I am standing here looking to see where to start.  The gate is open.  Anything and everything is at my disposal, for it is the mind and the soul that is ready to be rebuilt.  No more boxes only open spaces.

Hmm.  First step to rebuilding, start listening.  I was making a list in my head of all the little things I could do today, but there on the table was The Daily Bible.  The reading for today is Jonah. Listening for a truth I heard remember the gators in the pond and the whale who swallowed Jonah.  Perhaps the first new brick to add, stay away from gators and whales. Ha, it's up to you to figure that one out.  Me, I'll stay on the path.

The river is flowing fast today.  Or is it just the refreshing breeze that is a constant around here?  Physically moving is another brick in the foundation.  I had stopped moving, doing or thinking.  So Phoebe, my little Yorkshire Terrier and I took a walk on the river path.  She wanted to go in after the turtles and frogs.  How cute, I thought.  She loves the water and wanted to jump in.  I realized then, that if she did  the current may take her away.  I could just see me jumping in after her and both of us floating down the river.  But no harm, no foul.  People tube the river frequently.  Who knows where the river would have taken us.

No comments:

Post a Comment